We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Mornings always seem to be filled with trying to get everyone ready, find all that you need to leave the house, and eat a nice hearty breakfast to start your day off right. If you are like my husband and I, we like to have a breakfast that is fast, easy, and healthy to just grab and take with us. We have enjoyed making these budget friendly sliders that freeze well, are easy to make, and are filling. These sliders cost us $15 for the ingredients and 15 minutes to make. The recipe yields 16 sliders which we then group into twos and freeze. It only takes 30-45 seconds in the microwave to reheat these sliders and they taste amazing! What other breakfast ideas do you have that are easy for busy mornings?
Grab and Go Sliders
- 1 package King's Hawaiian Rolls We usually buy the two pack from Costco to make a larger amount at one time.
- 2 lbs lunch meat your choice (we usually do turkey and ham)
- 18 slices cheese your choice
- freezer baggies
- Remove rolls from package and place on a clean surface such as a cutting board.
- Cut entire flat of rolls in half creating a top layer and bottom layer of rolls.
- Layer as much lunch meat as desired on bottom layer of rolls. We do two layers of both turkey and ham.
- Layer as much cheese on top of the meat as desired. We prefer one layer of cheese on our sliders.
- Place top layer of rolls on top of cheese layer.
- Slice the flat of rolls into individual rolls.
- Place as many sliders as desired into baggies.
- Freeze sliders for an easy grab and go meal and enjoy!
- To reheat, place in microwave for 30-45 seconds and you're ready to go.