We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
When Fall rolls around we love to eat hearty soup and curl up on the couch with a good movie. This Cheese Soup is a family favorite and was one of my favorite meals growing up. I love the cheese taste with the delicious vegetables. It tastes just as good when reheated for leftovers. When we make it we have leftovers for the next few days which is really nice when a busy day happens. This recipe yields about 12 servings. We hope you enjoy the family favorite! Let us know in the comments if you made it and if it was a hit at your house!
You can find the recipe below:
Delicious Cheese Soup
- 1 1/2 c carrots diced
- 1 1/2 c celery diced
- 1 1/2 c potatoes diced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 cans chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c butter
- 4 c milk
- 16 oz Cheez Whiz
- Combine vegetables, chicken broth, salt, and pepper in a saucepan.
- Cook until vegetables are barely tender.
- Melt butter in a separate, larger saucepan.
- Add flour a little at a time mixing until well blended.
- Gradually add milk.
- Stir until thickened over medium heat.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add vegetables and desired amount of chicken broth from vegetables.
- Season to taste.